Search Solution Group’s very own Dave Holtzman was invited to speak as a panelist at “Cutting Edge Advice: A Recruiters Panel” on April 18th. Dave, our President, impressively represented our firm while speaking to the registered attendees, consisting of MBA and Master’s students from Wake Forest University and the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
Among the six panelists representing the Queen City’s most prominent recruitment firms and staffing agencies, Dave provided insight on how Search Solution Group seeks top candidates, explained how we partner with candidates throughout their job search, and networked with the attendees following the panel discussion. Because of his many years in the recruitment industry and his prominence within the executive search, direct hire recruitment, and contract staffing markets, Dave offered sage advice on current recruitment trends and the overall state of the hiring landscape.
- Factors that make strong candidates stand out from others
- Common mistakes made by job seekers
- The importance of networking and first impressions
- Understanding Applicant Tracking Systems
- And easy ways to get help, such as working with a recruitment firm, using a professional resume writing service, and fully utilizing LinkedIn